Sunday, May 18, 2008

Studio Shoot 6



For this shoot I wanted to do a poster about the housing crisis. That being said I walked down the street, found a house for sale, whipped out my flash and started firing away. My idea was to use the flash as a strobe but man oh man did that go awry. I was using a new camera that I honestly wasn't that comfortable with. I guess it was more of the lens conversion stuff that I had grown acostomed to not worrying about. ok so complaints aside I think the shoot came out ok considering the issues. Like most photographers these days if something goes wrong just fix it in post.

When doing research I googled hosing crisis and 9 out of ten of the shots were of for sale signs. Pretty neat huh? Well I decided I wasn't the man to break the mold so I went along like a little sheep and followed the google images herd, but just a bit. I wanted to keep the sign motif but add a little touch of . . . well me. I took the signs and made them my own by blowing them up and adding other looming signs in the sky. I think all in all it worked. I also think you agree (my attempt at using the force)

No comments: